- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup water
- Place the trivet or steamer basket inside a 6-quart Instant Pot. Add the water.
- Place the zucchini chunks on top of the trivet. It’s okay if some fall through into the water.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to high pressure for 1 minute. When the cooking time is up, quick-release the pressure, being careful of the steam.
- Remove the lid and use tongs to transfer the zucchini chunks to a parchment-lined baking sheet for freezing. Or, you can use tongs to remove the zucchini to a bowl to serve immediately.
- Serve warm, or place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 6 hours. Transfer the frozen zucchini chunks to a zip-top bag and place in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- If you want to use your steamed squash chunks for smoothies, you’ll then need to use tongs to place the chunks on a baking sheet for freezing. If you want to serve your steamed zucchini as a side dish, then just transfer it to a bowl and serve warm.
- You can easily double or even triple this recipe, but remember to never fill your Instant Pot over the max line. The amount of water and the number of minutes at high pressure stays the same.
- Remember to not overcook your zucchini as it can become mushy. If you don’t plan to serve it right away, you may wish to put it in an ice bath after steaming to stop the cooking process.
- Feel free to add seasonings when serving steamed zucchini including olive oil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, fresh chopped herbs, or red pepper flakes.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 17
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 10.2 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: instant pot zucchini chunks, how to freeze zucchini, freezing zucchini for smoothies