Here’s how to make super simple Instant Pot Zucchini that you can use in a variety of ways. Serve the steamed zucchini as a main or side dish, or freeze it to use in smoothies.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup water
- Place the trivet inside a 3-quart or 6-quart Instant Pot. Add the water.
- Place the zucchini chunks on top of the trivet. It’s okay if some fall through into the water.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to high pressure for 1 minute. When the cooking time is up, quick-release the pressure, being careful of the steam.
- Remove the lid and use tongs to transfer the zucchini chunks to a parchment-lined baking sheet for freezing. Or, you can use tongs to remove the zucchini to a bowl to serve immediately.
- Serve warm, or place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 6 hours. Transfer the frozen zucchini chunks to a zip-top bag and place in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot zucchini chunks, how to freeze zucchini, freezing zucchini for smoothies