This recipe for Keto Chicken Fajitas is perfect for any busy weeknight. Serve the flavorful chicken and pepper mixture with your choice of low-carb tortillas or cauliflower rice. Sliced avocado on top gives this dish an authentic Mexican feel.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1.25 pounds chicken tenders
- 3 bell peppers (any color), cored and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Coconut wraps, cauliflower wraps, cauliflower rice, or lettuce leaves (optional, for serving)
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat your oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, bell peppers, and onion and let them cook for about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and let it cook with the chicken and vegetables for about a minute.
- Then, add the water, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and serve the chicken and vegetables with a slice of lime and a few slices of avocado.
- You can also serve your chicken fajitas with your choice of coconut wraps, cauliflower wraps, cauliflower rice, or lettuce leaves.
- The nutrition information for this recipe does not include the wraps or cauliflower rice that can be served with the fajitas.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
Keywords: keto, chicken, dairy-free, gluten-free, low-carb