- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1.25 pounds chicken tenders
- 3 bell peppers (any color), cored and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Coconut wraps, cauliflower wraps, cauliflower rice, or lettuce leaves (optional, for serving)
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat your oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, bell peppers, and onion and let them cook for about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and let it cook with the chicken and vegetables for about a minute.
- Then, add the water, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and serve the chicken and vegetables with a slice of lime and a few slices of avocado.
- You can also serve your chicken fajitas with your choice of coconut wraps, cauliflower wraps, cauliflower rice, or lettuce leaves.
- The nutrition information for this recipe does not include the wraps or cauliflower rice that can be served with the fajitas.
- You can use red onions or white onions in this recipe.
- You can replace the garlic cloves with 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, if you prefer.
- Store any leftovers in an air tight container for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop on busy weeknights and dinner is served!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 244
- Sugar: 4.3 g
- Sodium: 610.7 mg
- Fat: 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.8 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 23.9 g
- Cholesterol: 54.9 mg
Keywords: healthy chicken fajitas, clean chicken recipe, paleo fajitas