Forget about plain lemon water and consider drinking Lemon Cinnamon Water instead! This easy recipe has some potential health benefits including blood sugar management.
- 6 ounces warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- In a mug, combine the water, ground cinnamon, lemon juice, and honey.
- Stir well to combine.
- Drink warm as a tea, or let the mixture come down to room temperature. You can also chill the mixture to enjoy cold.
- You water should be warm to help the ground cinnamon dissolve. If you want to serve your cinnamon water as cinnamon tea, then use very hot water instead of warm water.
- This recipe is very versatile. If want a sweeter drink, add an extra teaspoon of honey. If you want to make it sugar-free, use a sugar alternative like stevia or monk fruit sweetener.
- Pregnant women should consult their healthcare provider to make sure that it is safe to drink cinnamon water.
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: how to make cinnamon water, how to make cinnamon tea