If you love the flavor of lemon poppy seed muffins, then you’ll adore these Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Balls! They’re a gluten-free healthy treat with real food ingredients.
- 1 cup unsalted, raw cashews
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric (optional, for a natural food coloring)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- zest of two medium lemons
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted, unsweetened dried coconut
- Combine the cashews, hemp seeds, poppy seeds, coconut oil, turmeric (optional), dates, lemon zest, and lemon juice in the base of a food processor. Process on high until ingredients are well combined, about 45 seconds to one minute.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and use your hands to form the batter into energy bites. You should have enough to make about a dozen energy bites.
- The energy bites will be pretty sticky, so it’s nice to roll them in toasted coconut. To toast the coconut, place the dried coconut in a dry skillet over low heat. Let toast for 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted. Then, just put the coconut, lemon zest, and poppy seeds on a plate and roll the bites over the mixture. Then, place the energy bites in a glass bowl with a lid and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon no-bake cookies, coconut date balls, lemon energy bites