- 1 12–ounce can of full-fat coconut milk, chilled
- 2 cups sliced peaches (or your choice of frozen fruit)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the coconut milk, frozen fruit, maple syrup, and vanilla in the base of a high-speed blender.
- Blend until the ingredients are smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe bowl and place the bowl in the freezer.
- Use a large fork to stir the mixture about 4 separate times, every 45 minutes.
- After about four hours, your homemade ice cream should be ready to serve.
- Once the mixture has reached the desired consistency, use an ice cream scoop to serve.
- It’s worth noting that dairy-free ice creams will freeze very hard if left in the freezer for more than 6-8 hours. In this case, you just need to let the ice cream sit on the countertop for about 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 22.4 g
- Sodium: 14.3 mg
- Fat: 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 16.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.4 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: ice cream in the freezer, freezer method for ice cream