This post includes a recipe for an easy tempeh and vegetable soup for a healthy, vegan main dish.
- 2 large bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms (I use shiitake)
- 1 package tempeh, crumbled
- 2 cans beans, drained and rinsed (I used cannellini and chickpeas)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- water, about 2 cups
- Heat up a few tablespoons of water in a large pot and add peppers, onions, garlic and mushrooms. Stir occasionally and cook under vegetables are soft.
- Then, add tomatoes, tempeh, oregano and beans and enough water to cover (about 2 cups).
- Turn heat up to high until mixture is boiling. Then, turn heat down to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a splash of vinegar or fresh lemon juice for flavor.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 125