This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
Vegetables with Peanut Butter Stir Fry Sauce is one of my favorite plant-based meals. It’s so easy and delicious!
Stir-fries are my new favorite dinner dish. If you are trying to increase your vegetable intake, this is an easy and delicious way to do so. The key for me is to make a really yummy peanut butter stir fry sauce that goes over the veggies.
How to Make Vegetable Stir Fry
Start with a decent amount of fresh vegetables that you like. My favorites include baby bok choy, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, broccoli and garlic. If you are not going to add a “filler” to your stir-fry like tofu or rice, then make sure you have enough vegetables. For two people, this is how much I use:
Next, take a big pan and add 2-3 tablespoons of water or oil. Turn the heat up to medium-high until the water starts sizzling. Start adding your vegetables and turn the heat down to medium:
Keep stirring and adding water if necessary. After a few minutes, add your green veggies:
You may need to throw the lid on for a few minutes while the greens wilt:
When it’s almost done, it will look like this:
Vegan Stir Fry Sauce
Don’t forget your peanut butter stir fry sauce! I make mine by simply whisking 1/4 cup of natural peanut butter (at room temperature) with 2 teaspoons of reduced-sodium tamari and 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar. How is that for an easy stir fry sauce?
Pour it over the veggies:
Dinner is served!
If you like this simple and healthy vegan recipe, you also like:
- Vegan Tuna Salad
- Quinoa & Chickpea Salad
- Cream of Tomato Soup (dairy-free)
- Dilled Pea Soup
- Green Dream Broccoli Soup
Here’s the printable recipe for this Vegetable Dish with Peanut Butter Stir Fry Sauce:Print
A healthy veggie dinner with an easy stir fry sauce.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 box mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium tamari
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Take a big pan and add 2-3 tablespoons of water. Turn the heat up to medium-high until the water starts sizzling. Start adding your vegetables and turn the heat down to medium.
- Keep stirring and adding water if necessary. After a few minutes, add your green veggies. Cook for 10 more minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Make the peanut sauce by simply whisking 1/4 cup of peanut butter with 2 teaspoons of reduced-sodium tamari and 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Pour the sauce over the veggies and serve hot.
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!