Vegetable Stir-Fry with Peanut Butter Sauce is one of my favorite plant-based meals. It’s so easy and delicious!
Stir-fries are my new favorite dinner dish. If you are trying to increase your vegetable intake, this is an easy and delicious way to do so. The key for me is to make a really yummy peanut butter sauce that goes over the minimally-cooked, water-sauteed veggies.
Start with a decent amount of fresh vegetables that you like. My favorites include baby bok choy, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, broccoli and garlic. If you are not going to add a “filler” to your stir-fry like tofu or rice, then make sure you have enough vegetables. For two people, this is how much I use:
Next, take a big pan and add 2-3 tablespoons of water. Turn the heat up to medium-high until the water starts sizzling. Start adding your vegetables and turn the heat down to medium:
Keep stirring and adding water if necessary. After a few minutes, add your green veggies:
You may need to throw the lid on for a few minutes while the greens wilt:
When it’s almost done, it will look like this:
Don’t forget your peanut butter sauce! I make mine by simply whisking 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter with 1 teaspoon of reduced-sodium tamari and 3-4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Pour it over the veggies:
Dinner is served!
Here’s the printable recipe for this Vegetable Stir-Fry with Peanut Butter Sauce:Print
A healthy veggie dinner with no oil.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 box mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- Take a big pan and add 2-3 tablespoons of water. Turn the heat up to medium-high until the water starts sizzling. Start adding your vegetables and turn the heat down to medium.
- Keep stirring and adding water if necessary. After a few minutes, add your green veggies. Cook for 10 more minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Make the peanut sauce by simply whisking 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter with 1 teaspoon of reduced-sodium tamari.
- Pour the sauce over the veggies and serve hot!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 250
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!