Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Carrots
If you’re looking for an easy side dish to make for gatherings or a nice dinner, then you’re going to love this Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Carrots recipe. Easy, vegan, and gluten-free, too.
- Author: Carrie Forrest, MPH in Nutrition
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, washed and cut in half*
- 1/2 pound carrots (about 4 large carrots), washed and cut into 1-inch slices*
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, warmed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts and carrots. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Pour the vegetables onto the baking sheet and use a spatula to spread them into a single layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts have started to brown.
- Serve warm.
*Pat the vegetables dry after you have washed them and before adding them to the mixing bowl. This will help the oil stick to the vegetables.
Keywords: roasted sprouts, roasting vegetables in coconut oil, vegan roasted vegetables