This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
Welcome to the show notes for the fifth episode my podcast, Clean Eating for Women. Episode #5 is all about functional medicine and how it fits in with my health journey.
You can listen here or using your favorite podcast app (click through to my site here if you don’t see the player below):
In this episode, I talk about:
- What is functional medicine?
- How to find a physician or practitioner in your area
- My experience and what you can expect
- Functional medicine is essentially finding the root cause of health problems. For me, that meant digging deeper to find the causes of my migraines, anxiety, autoimmune disease, instead of just taking a prescription drug.
- My comparison of “regular” doctors with my functional medicine experience. It’s like night and day!
- The types of tests you might get done through a functional medicine practitioner. I’ve done everything from dried urine tests to blood tests to breath tests to stool testing. Fun, ha!
- Some pros and cons of going this route. The biggest benefit I’ve seen is actually addressing root causes; the biggest con is that it can be expensive, especially when insurance doesn’t cover many of the visits and tests.
I share more in the episode, so please give it a listen and let me know your thoughts in the comments!
Links mentioned in this episode (some affiliate links included):
- Full definition of functional medicine from the Institute of Functional Medicine
- Institute of Functional Medicine practitioner search
- Re-Find Health practitioner search
- Dr. Aviva Romm, Natural MD Radio (review of her Adrenal Thyroid Revolution book on my site here)
- California Center for Functional Medicine
- Middlepath Medicine (Dr. Foresman is an expert in thyroid health)
Don’t miss new blog posts! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!