An easy, no-bake dessert that is grain-free, paleo, and vegan.
- 1 cup chopped dried figs
- 1 cup + 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup + 1 teaspoon dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Grease a 8” x 8” square glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the chopped figs, 1 cup pumpkin seeds, and coconut oil in the base of a food processor. Pulse on high for about 1 minute, or until the ingredients have combined.
- Carefully remove the blade from the bowl of the food processor and use your hands to press the mixture firmly and evenly into the glass baking dish.
- Next, melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips in a double-boiler or in the microwave. If you use the microwave, use a glass bowl and heat the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stopping to stir every 30 seconds. It will take about 2 minutes total to melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the mixture in the glass bowl and use a spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the bars. Sprinkle on the extra pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips on top.
- Place the bars in the freezer for 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
- Serve cold and keep the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week.