If you need a quick and easy dessert recipe, then you’ve got to try these No-Bake Chocolate Fig Bars. This vegan and gluten-free recipe only has four ingredients. They are chocolatey, chewy, and so delicious!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup dried figs
- 1 cup and 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup and 1 teaspoon dairy-free chocolate chips
- Lightly spray an 8-inch square glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Prep your dried figs by cutting off the stem and slicing them in half. This will make it easier for your food processor to blend the figs with the other ingredients.
- Combine the chopped figs, 1 cup pumpkin seeds, and coconut oil in the base of a food processor. Pulse on high for about 1 minute, or until the ingredients have combined.
- Transfer the mixture from the food processor into the baking dish and then use your hands to press the mixture firmly and evenly into the glass baking dish.
- Next, melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips in a double-boiler or in the microwave. If you use the microwave, use a glass bowl and heat the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stopping to stir every 30 seconds. It will take about 2 minutes total to melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the mixture in the glass bowl and use a spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the bars. Sprinkle on the extra pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips on top.
- Place the bars in the freezer for 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
- Slice the bars and serve them chilled.
Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up 5 days.
Be sure to use dairy-free chocolate chips to keep this recipe vegan and dairy-free.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fig bars with chocolate, vegan chocolate fig bars, dessert with dried figs