These Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies are a delicious gluten-free and grain-free treat. You only need six ingredients and 35 minutes to make these homemade treats.
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup almond flour (plus 2 tablespoons, if necessary to reach the right consistency)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, almond flour, baking soda, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract. Use a spatula to mix well.
- Based on the consistency of your peanut butter, you many need to add up to an additional 2 tablespoons of almond flour to make the dough come together.
- Then use your hands to divide the dough into 12 balls, laying each one on the baking sheet. Then, carefully flatten each ball using your hands and then use the back of a fork to create a crisscross pattern on each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies start to turn a golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before removing them and serving at room temperature.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Or, you can freeze any leftover cookies in a sealed zip-top bag for up to 2 months. Defrost in the refrigerator before serving.
- Be sure to use a brand of peanut butter that is all-natural, with no added sugars.
- To make these cookies keto-friendly, you can substitute the maple syrup with your favorite liquid sugar-free sweetener.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: grain-free almond flour cookies, almond flour cookies, healthy peanut butter cookies