This is a healthy, nutritarian breakfast recipe from Dr. Joel Fuhrman.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla soy, hemp, or almond milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ vanilla bean, split lengthwise, or ½ teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ½ sliced banana
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients except blueberries and banana. If using a vanilla bean, scrape pulp and seeds from the pod with a dull knife and add them to the mixture along with the pod.
- Let sit for 10 minutes. (For an on-the-run breakfast, make the night before and store in the refrigerator).
- Remove vanilla pod, stir in blueberries and banana. Add additional nondairy milk if desired to adjust consistency.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 265
- Fat: 9.4
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 11.6g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: chia breakfast pudding, dr. fuhrman recipe, nutritarian recipe, vegan chia pudding