Eat Your Greens Detox Soup
If you’re looking for an easy, vegan soup that is detoxifying and cleansing, then you’ll love this Eat Your Greens Detox Soup.
- Author: Angela Liddon
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups sliced cremini or white button mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- Fine-grain sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 to 3 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 large nori seaweed sheets, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) strips (optional)
- 2 cups torn kale leaves
- Fresh lemon juice, for serving (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots, and broccoli and stir to combine. Season generously with salt and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in the ginger, turmeric, cumin, and cinnamon and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the broth and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the nori (if using) and kale and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, if desired.
Reprinted by arrangement with AVERY, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © GLO BAKERY CORPORATION, 2014.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 200
Keywords: oh she glows eat your greens detox soup