This quick and simple recipe for Blueberry Overnight Protein Oats tastes like a blueberry muffin. It is rich in protein and will keep you full and satisfied for several hours. Make it the night before and then just stir and serve.
- 1 cup rolled oats (use gluten-free, if necessary)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 scoops unsweetened protein powder
- 2 teaspoons raw honey or maple syrup (for vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen and defrosted blueberries
- Zest of one lemon
- Optional toppings: drizzle of nut butter or sprinkling of chopped almonds or other nut or seed
- In a jar or bowl with a lid, combine the rolled oats, almond milk, chia seeds, protein powder, sweetener of choice, vanilla extract, blueberries, and lemon zest.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl or jar and place the oatmeal mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve the overnight oats, simply stir the mixture and serve cold or at room temperature. You can serve it plain or with additional toppings.
- If you aren’t on a dairy-free diet, you can use regular milk.
- You can substitute other types of fruit for the blueberries, if you prefer. Strawberries and bananas work great too.
- If you don’t have chia seeds, you can leave them out.
- If you don’t have a fresh lemon, just leave out the lemon zest.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: overnight oats recipe, vegan overnight oats, gluten-free overnight oats