This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
Fat bombs are the latest no-bake cookie craze to hit the blogosphere. This version of Paleo Coconut Fat Bombs are grain-free and so satisfying!
How Can Fat Bombs Really Be Healthy?
I debated about using the whole fat bomb name for this recipe, but it’s probably a good description. As a child of the 1970s and ’80s and the whole fat-free fad, I guess I still cringe at the idea of feasting on fat. But, I’m finally getting it through my thick skull that there are good fats and bad fats. Maybe this topic deserves a whole blog post?
I’m most definitely not a keto dieter (see my reasons why in this blog post), but I’m am a huge believer in adding more fat to a real food diet to increase satiation, enhance nutrient absorption, and because fat just makes vegetables taste so much darned better. And, fat with cookies works the same way, ha ha!
Paleo Fat Bomb Ingredients
Here are most of the ingredients for this Paleo No-Bake Coconut Fat Bomb recipe, including
- almond milk
- beet powder
- coconut oil
- macadamia nuts
- and coconut shreds
This Recipe is Grain-Free & Paleo
So you’ll notice there are no grains in this recipe. That’s what makes it a paleo-friendly recipe, plus the fact that I used dates to sweeten with no refined sugars. In terms of technique, fat bombs get made the same way as energy bites, you just pour the ingredients into a food processor and let the blade do the work.
Then, you just use your hands to roll them into about a dozen balls or about 8 bigger cookies like the ones I made here. They’re no-bake, too, so you really just have to let them chill in the fridge or freezer to firm up.
Items recommended for this Paleo Fat Bombs recipe (some affiliate links included):
- Breville Sous Chef food processor (I bought one over 3 years ago and I love it)
- Raw macadamia nuts, unsalted
- Organic pitted dates
- Organic beet juice powder
- Organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- Dark chocolate chips 85%
This recipe will make you a fun handful of cookies, literally! 🙂
If you like these types of no-bake energy cookies, you should download my free energy bites e-book! Get it for free when you sign up for my weekly newsletter here.
Here’s the recipe for these Paleo Coconut Fat Bombs:Print
A no-bake paleo cookie that is delicious and satisfying.
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup coconut shreds, unsweetened
- 1 cup dates, pitted (about 10 large Medjool dates or 14 deglet noor)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon beet powder
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add the macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, coconut shreds, dates, chocolate chips, cinnamon, beet powder, almond milk, and coconut oil to the base of a food processor fitted with an S blade.
- Process on high for about 1 minute until the ingredients are combined.
- Use your hands to form the batter into 12 balls or 8 cookies.
- Chill in the fridge or freezer for at least 30 minutes to one hour before serving. Store in the fridge and consume within 7-10 days.
Pin this Paleo Fat Bomb recipe to save it for later!
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!
READ NEXT: CHOCOLATE-ORANGE HEMP BITES