This recipe for Instant Pot Cabbage is so easy and delicious. Cooked cabbage makes a great side dish with no fat.
- 1 head green or red cabbage, chopped roughly
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or dried thyme
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the cabbage, dried herbs, and broth to the bowl of an 6-quart or 8-quart electric pressure cooker.
- Lock the lid and set the time to 4 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, carefully use the quick-release to get rid of the pressure. Remove the lid and use tongs to remove the cabbage to a serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve hot and refrigerate or freeze any leftovers.
- You can use water instead of broth to cook the cabbage, if you prefer.
- If you like the cooked cabbage to be slightly crunchy, decrease the time a minute or two and if you like the cabbage very soft add a minute or two.
- You can store the cooked cabbage in the refrigerator for 3 days in an airtight container.
- You can mix in cooked sausage, shredded chicken, or ground beef to the cooked cabbage to add protein and make this into a filling meal. For plant-based options, add in seasoned tempeh or black beans.
- The total cooking time includes approximately 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: how to cook cabbage in the instant pot, pressure cooker cabbage, instant pot cooked cabbage