These delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are gluten-free and dairy-free, and a great way to enjoy pumpkin spice season. Serve them as a healthy dessert or snack.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 eggs, beaten (use flax eggs for vegan)*
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, divided into ½ cup and ¼ cup
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, oil, and almond milk. Stir to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and ½ cup of the chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide the batter between the muffin wells and top the rest of the muffins with the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let the muffins cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.
Notes: be sure to use canned pumpkin that is 100% pumpkin with no other ingredients.
If you want to freeze these muffins after they have baked, let them cool completely. Place them in a zip-top bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
VEGAN: use two flax eggs in place of regular eggs. To make 2 flax eggs, combine 2 tablespoons of ground flax with 6 tablespoons of water. Let the mixture set for 10 minutes before using.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dairy free, gluten free, healthy
Keywords: gluten free muffins, healthy muffins, pumpkin spice