If you love all things pumpkin spice, you’ve got to try these amazing Gluten-Free & Vegan Pumpkin Spice Baked Donuts. This recipe is a healthy and delicious way to celebrate fall.
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 flax or chia egg (made by mixing 1 tablespoon of ground flax or chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water)
- For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place your donut trays on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, almond milk, and a flax or chia egg.
- Then, use a spatula to transfer the donut batter into a zip-top bag. This will allow you to pipe the batter into your donut trays.
- Cut off the end of the plastic bag and pipe your batter into the donut trays. I like to do a double layer so the donuts bake up nice and fluffy. You should have enough batter for about 10 donuts.
- Bake your donuts for 20-22 minutes, or until they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the side comes out clean. After you remove them from the oven, you can transfer them to a cooling rack, flipping them over as you pull them out of the tray (so the smooth bottom side is now on top).
- While the donuts are cooling, it’s time to make your glaze. All you have to do is combine your powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and almond milk in a small bowl. Whisk together until the glaze is smooth.
- Glaze each donut and then you can serve them warm or at room temperature.
- If you are not vegan, you can use a regular egg in this recipe.
- Store any leftover donuts in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Re-heat before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan & Gluten-Free
Keywords: gluten free baked donut recipe, vegan baked donuts, pumpkin spice baked doughnuts