This salad is as easy as cooking quinoa and adding chickpeas and chopped veggies. Squeeze some lemon on top and add chopped avocado. Done!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch of parsley, stems removed and leaves chopped (to yield about ½ cup tightly packed leaves)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 Meyer lemon, juiced
- 1 large avocado, sliced open, peeled, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Combine the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, chopped parsley, chopped bell pepper, chopped green onions, lemon juice, and avocado in a large mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper and stir to make sure everything is combined.
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5-6 days.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 250