Roasted Spanish Potatoes
Try these delicious Spanish Potatoes that are roasted in a flavorful tomato sauce. Serve the cooked potatoes as a healthy side dish to almost any main dish recipe. Gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
These Spanish potatoes will elevate your mealtime.
Roasting diced potatoes in the oven allows them to gain a crispy, crunchy exterior while remaining creamy inside. Smoked paprika and tomato paste pair beautifully to give this dish a bold flavor.
Why You Need This Recipe
- This is a hands-off side dish made in the oven while you cook the other elements of the meal. These potatoes are similar to the traditional recipe for patatas bravas, although this recipe is baked and not fried.
- Perfect for meal prepping. Once cooked, these last well in the fridge for a few days and can reheat beautifully.
- Naturally gluten-free and vegan.
Yukon gold potatoes give a crispy exterior with creamy inside when roasted.
Tomato paste gives a strong tomato flavor.
Olive oil is a flavorful, nutritious fat that helps the potatoes get crispy on the outside. You can use regular olive oil or extra-virgin olive oil.
Smoked paprika lends a wonderful flavor and bright color. Garlic powder adds another punch of flavor. Feel free to add chopped onions or green pepper, but you’ll have to be careful they don’t burn.
Preheat oven and scrub and dry the potatoes using paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.
Chop the potatoes and place them in a medium or large bowl.
Please see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Combine coating ingredients in a bowl.
Spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet to bake.
Roast until crisp and delicious! Toss them with the lemon juice and parsley. You can also add a dash of white wine vinegar for extra flavor. Serve hot.
I hope your family loves this potato dish as much as mine does! They are great as a side dish that goes along with almost any main course.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- This recipe is easily doubled.
- You can store leftovers for 4 days and they reheat beautifully.
- They are cooked hands-off in the oven so you can focus on the main entree.
- Gluten-free and vegan means they fit many diets.
Yes, you can swap out whatever potato you have on hand. Just ensure you dice them consistently so they cook evenly. You might want to peel Russets as the skin is a bit thicker than on Yukons.
This may be a spice you don’t have on hand, or you may not like the unique flavor. You can use regular paprika, which is more common. Or just leave it out.
More Healthy Potato Recipes You Might Like
- Instant Pot Whole Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Whole30 Mashed Potatoes
What to Serve With Spanish Potatoes
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes (about 5 medium potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional, for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Scrub and pat dry your potatoes. Peel the potatoes and then cut them into 1-inch chunks. Make sure they are uniform in size so they cook evenly. Place the chopped potatoes into a medium mixing bowl.
- Then, in a small bowl, combine the tomato paste, olive oil, paprika, and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the potatoes and stir until the potatoes are coated.
- Pour the potatoes onto your baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stopped once halfway to toss the potatoes on the pan.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and pour the lemon juice and parsley over the potatoes. Toss and serve hot .
- You can easily double this recipe if you need more servings.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 303.4 mg
- Fat: 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.1 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: potatoes, tomato paste, gluten-free side dish, roasted potatoes
Don’t forget to join my newsletter list to get exclusive clean eating recipes and tips. The newsletter is 100% free with no spam; unsubscribe anytime.