- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and chopped (about 6 cups)*
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the chopped romaine lettuce in a large serving bowl. Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Then, in a small jar, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Put a lid on the jar and shake vigorously until the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- * To prepare a head of romaine, just chop off the bottom few inches and discard the root. Then, chop the whole head of romaine into about 2-inch pieces. Place the leaves in a salad spinner to be cleaned and spun dry. Then, you can prepare the romaine salad from there, or place the leaves in a bag with a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture. Prepared romaine in general can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- If you want to prepare the salad ahead of time to serve later, wait to pour the dressing on the salad until just before serving.
- Store any prepared salad leftovers in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: how to chop romaine lettuce, easy salad recipe, romaine lettuce salad