Get a simple and nutritious dinner prepped with this Slow Cooker Chicken and Quinoa recipe. Throw all the ingredients in the crockpot and then enjoy your tasty meal at the end of the day. This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1.25 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 4 pieces)
- Fresh chopped parsley (optional, for topping)
- In the base of your slow cooker, add the olive oil, quinoa, onion, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, broth, sea salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the vegetable and quinoa mixture, but don’t stir.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set the temperature to low for 8 hours.
- When the cooking time is up, remove the lid and use tongs to transfer the cooked chicken to your serving plates.
- Then, stir the vegetables and quinoa and serve them with the chicken.
- Sprinkle the parsley on top of each dish before serving, if desired.
- This meal is best cooked on low to give the quinoa enough time to cook through.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- You can also serve this dish with the chicken stirred into the quinoa and veggies (as opposed to separating the chicken from the quinoa and veggies). You may need to shred the chicken using two forks to help it break up as you stir it.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: chicken and quinoa recipes, healthy slow cooker quinoa recipes, slow cooker chicken and quinoa