- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, divided (for keto, use a granulated sugar-free alternative)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg white (leave out for vegan)
- Spray a microwavable mug or ramekin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the flour, 1 tablespoon of the coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon to the mug.
- Add the almond milk, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and egg white (leave out for vegan), and stir until combined.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds to two minutes, or until the cake has risen.
- Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of coconut sugar on top of the cake.
- Let the cake cool for a minute or two before serving.
- You can eat the cake right out of the mug or ramekin, or you can turn it out onto a plate to serve.
- If you use a sugar-free substitute, then the sugar and carbs will be much less than what shows on the nutrition label.
- Mug cakes are meant to be eaten the same day they are made. They don’t store or re-heat well.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: gluten free mug cake, almond flour mug cake, egg white mug cake