I’m excited to share this 5-ingredient Spaghetti Squash & Beef Bowl recipe that is perfect for an easy, grain-free weeknight dinner!
I am all about making something quick and easy for dinner. If you are signed up for my weekly newsletter (you can do that here), then you know what’s been filling my time. If not, then I’ll have an update for you later on this week. Don’t worry, it’s all good news!
The key to making this 5-Ingredient Spaghetti Squash & Beef Bowl so easy to pull together is to cook your squash ahead of time. I like to do that in the crockpot so I don’t have to worry about chopping off a finger. You can see my crockpot cooking instructions here.
Anywho, once you have your cooked spaghetti squash, all you have to do is cook your meat, add some tomato sauce, and stir in the squash. Done and done!
Because of the tomato sauce and oregano, this dish is reminiscent of spaghetti, but using squash instead of pasta. You can use whatever tomato sauce you have on hand. I like any organic brand in a glass jar, such as this one.
You’ll note in the recipe that I recommend using 100% grass-fed and organic beef. I can usually find this type of beef frozen at my local health food store. I de-frost it for about 24 hours in the fridge. This dish makes four servings and you can even freeze leftovers for another time.
Here’s my printable recipe:Print
This 5-ingredient Spaghetti Squash & Beef Bowl recipe is perfect for an easy, grain-free weeknight dinner!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash to yield about 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 lb. ground beef, preferably 100% grass-fed and organic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the spaghetti squash using your favorite method (I find the easiest way is to cook it whole in the crockpot; see the instructions for that here). Otherwise, you can cut it in half and bake it in the oven. Once the squash is cooled enough, use a fork to scrape out out “spaghetti” strands. You should have about 3 cups of cooked squash for this recipe.
- Next, heat a large non-stick skillet with about two tablespoons of water. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to break up the pieces so it gets cooked all the way through.
- Add the tomato sauce, oregano, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
- For the last step, stir in the cooked spaghetti squash and stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- Serve hot.
And, a pinnable image:
Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!