Sprouted Oat Groat Cereal is a delicious and hearty breakfast.
- 1 cup raw oat groats
- 4 cups fresh or frozen berries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Homemade almond milk (optional, for topping)
- Rinse your raw oat groats and place them in a medium-sized glass bowl or sprouting device. Cover with fresh, filtered water and a pinch of sea salt. Let sit for at least 8 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Use a strainer to rinse the oat groats thoroughly. Place the groats in a sprouting device. Rinse 2-3 times a day for at least two days or until the groats have sprouted.
- Rince the groats one last time and place in a rice cooker or a saucepan. Add one cup of water, raisins, and cook for 15-20 minutes. If serving right away, defrost the frozen berries in the microwave and serve with the oat groats. Otherwise, you can store the cooked groats in the fridge for up to 3-5 days or in the freezer.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Sprouting, stove-top
- Cuisine: Vegan, raw
Keywords: sprouted oat groat cereal, sprouted oats, oat groats, oat groat cereal