This creamy Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie is made dairy-free without yogurt or dairy milk. Use plant milk and chia seeds as the base of this flavorful and healthy smoothie. This is a delicious breakfast option.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your choice of milk)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and halved
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons honey (vegans can use maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- In the base of a high-speed blender, combine the almond milk, strawberries, blueberries, honey (or maple syrup), and chia seeds.
- Blend on high for about 30 seconds, or until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- If you want to increase the thickness of the smoothie, feel free to add a few ice cubes.
- Serve immediately.
- This smoothie can be adapted based on the season. If you can’t find fresh strawberries, feel free to use frozen strawberries.
- To increase the protein content of this smoothie to make it a meal replacement, feel free to add a scoop of your favorite unsweetened protein powder.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled.
- You can also use orange juice instead of almond milk, if you prefer.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: fresh fruit smoothie, fresh strawberry smoothie, vegan blueberry smoothie