This easy summer salad is perfect for a healthy side dish, and is so delicious with a homemade dairy-free strawberry yogurt dressing.
- For the salad:
- 10 ounces fresh salad greens
- 1 fennel bulb
- ½ pint fresh blueberries
- ½ pint fresh blackberries
- ½ pint fresh strawberries
- For the dressing:
- ½ pint fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and chopped
- ¼ cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (substitute 2 Medjool dates to make the dressing vegan)
- 1 tablespoon unfiltered extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the salad greens in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to gently tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Use a mandoline to cut the fennel bulb into thin shavings and add to the salad greens.
- Next, make the dressing by combining ½ pint of fresh strawberries (about 1 cup) into a high-speed blender.
- Add the coconut yogurt, vinegar, honey, and olive oil to the blender. Turn the blender on high for about 30 seconds or until the dressing is fully combined and creamy.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Add the berries on top of the salad just before serving.
If you prefer to use frozen strawberries in the dressing, place 1 cup in the fridge to defrost overnight before blending.