- 2 cups unsweetened oat milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Coconut whipped cream (optional, for serving)
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, pour in the oat milk.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt.
- Let the mixture come to a simmer, then turn off the heat and serve the hot chocolate immediately.
- Feel free to top your mug of hot chocolate with a dollop of whipped cream.
- If your oat milk is already sweetened, then leave out the maple syrup.
- You can use either prepared or homemade oat milk for this recipe.
- Look for prepared coconut or rice milk whipped cream in the refrigerator section of most grocery stores. Or, if you aren’t dairy-free, you can use regular whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Dairy-Free
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: healthy oat milk hot chocolate, oat milk hot chocolate, dairy-free hot chocolate