You only need five main ingredients for this delicious Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chicken Curry. This easy meal is great for paleo, Whole30, gluten-free, and dairy-free diets. Everyone in the family will love this dish and the leftovers are fantastic too.
- 1 pound peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1.25–pounds chicken thighs or chicken cutlets, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the sweet potatoes, coconut milk, red bell pepper, onion, chicken, curry powder, thyme, ginger, salt, and pepper in the base of a medium to large-sized slow cooker.
- Set the temperature to low for 7-9 hours or high for 6-7 hours.
- Stir and serve hot.
- Stovetop directions: Combine the ingredients in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are cooked through. Serve hot.
- If you don’t have chicken on hand, you can substitute a can of chickpeas or black beans. And, instead of a red bell pepper, you could use a can of diced tomatoes.
- You can also feel free to make substitutions with the spice blend. If you are missing one or more of the spices, just use more of the others.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or, you can let the curry cool and then pack it up in freezer containers. Reheat before serving.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: coconut curry with chicken, crockpot curry, sweet potato coconut stew