This hearty and super flavorful Sweet Potato Coconut Chicken Curry can be made in a slow-cooker or on the stovetop. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and Whole30.
- 1 pound peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1.25-pounds chicken thighs or chicken cutlets, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the sweet potatoes, coconut milk, red bell pepper, onion, chicken, curry powder, thyme, ginger, salt, and pepper in the base of a medium to large-sized slow cooker.
- Set the temperature to low for 7-9 hours or high for 6-7 hours.
- Stir and serve hot.
Stovetop directions: Combine the ingredients in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are cooked through. Serve hot.