- 2 orange-fleshed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Scrub your sweet potatoes and pat them dry. Peel the potatoes using a vegetable peeler.
- Cut off the ends of each sweet potato and then carefully slice the sweet potatoes into rounds. Each round should be about ¼-inch thick. Discard the ends that you cut off.
- Use a paring knife to cut out the Jack o’-lantern face on each round. Cut triangles for the eyes and nose and a smile for the mouth. Be careful to not cut too close to the edge of the rounds or they might rip.
- Lay the cut sweet potato rounds on the baking sheet. Don’t let them overlap.
- Use a basting brush or just drizzle the olive oil over the tops of the sweet potato rounds. Use your hands to make sure the oil gets on most parts of the tops and bottoms of the sweet potato rounds. Sprinkle the salt over the tops.
- Bake the sweet potato rounds for 30-35 minutes, flipping them once during the cooking process. They will be done when they start to turn golden brown at the edges. Be careful to not let them burn.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the sweet potato rounds cool for a few minutes before serving.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe. Just be sure to that the sweet potato rounds don’t overlap each other on the baking sheet to ensure even cooking.
- You can make the sweet potato Jack o-‘Lanterns up to a day ahead of time. Reheat in the oven or air fryer before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: sweet potato jack o lantern faces, halloween healthy food, sweet potato halloween food