This easy Sweet Potato Soufflé is perfect for an allergy-friendly healthy holiday side dish. It is gluten-free and nut-free, with a dairy-free and vegan options.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes or 9 small sweet potatoes, cooked and cooled slightly (see notes for cooking instructions)
- 2 eggs, beaten (leave out for vegan)
- 1/3 cup butter, ghee or coconut oil, softened*
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free Awesome Granola Original, Chocolate, or Raisin Cranberry flavors (about 4 2-ounce packages)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Spray an 8 x 11 inch baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Remove the skins from the cooked sweet potatoes and place the flesh in a large mixing bowl. Discard the skins.
- Add the eggs, and the butter or ghee, salt, and vanilla. Stir to combine well or use a mixer to incorporate air into the mixture. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish.
- Pour the granola over the top of the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the top of the casserole is golden brown. Serve hot.
To cook the sweet potatoes, preheat your oven to 400°F.
Wash and pat dry each sweet potato, and then use a fork to prick holes into each potato. Lay the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and cook for 45-55 minutes, turning the potatoes over halfway into the cooking time.
You can cook the sweet potatoes up to 2 days in advance of making this dish.
*To make this recipe dairy free, substitute coconut oil for the butter or ghee.