Chef Vanessa Musi discusses healing from hypoglycemia and making healthier low-sugar desserts on the Clean Eating for Women podcast, episode #10.
You can listen here or using your favorite podcast app (click through to my site here if you don’t see the player below):
In this episode of the Clean Eating for Women podcast, we talk about:
- We dive into Vanessa’s background and how she got into the niche of baking healthy desserts.
- Specific methods to avoiding baking disasters when making healthy holiday treats.
- How lifestyle diseases like prediabetes are affected by everything in our lives from stress to diet.
Some highlights of this episode on healing from hypoglycemia and making healthier low-sugar desserts:
- How Vanessa discovered that stress and diet were affecting her health. Her passion was baking, but she needed to create healthy recipes. [04:28]
- In 2001, she had her first experience with vegan baking. She also wanted to become a pastry chef. She even did recipe development for Starbucks in Mexico. She also started developing whole wheat recipes. [11:30]
- How hypo-hypoglycemia and prediabetes is a lifestyle disease. Vanessa fainted again and went to a holistic doctor. [20:12]
- How Vanessa moved to Austin and started coaching and taking courses like Tony Robbins Mastery University before deciding to become a healthy baker. [26:44]
- Vanessa still experienced health issues and was diagnosed with endometriosis. Then she discovered that she had leaky gut. [29:38]
- How there are amazing healers out there, but you have to be receptive and ready to take their guidance. [33:11]
- In Noble Baking Vanessa creates recipes that please the palate with a feast of flavors, but they are still healthy. [37:16]
- In her classes or on social media she gets feedback about which sweeteners work best for people and are easier on the stomach. [45:06]
- How eating clean and green with quality protein makes it no problem to eat a paleo dessert or treat. How it’s best to eat the lowest glycemic foods. [49:01]
Links mentioned in this episode (some affiliate links included):
- Tony Robbins Mastery University
- Noble Baking
- Bulletproof Pumpkin Donuts
- Vanessa’s cassava flour chocolate chip cookie recipe (coming soon)!
- Vanessa Musi Website
- Vanessa Musi on Facebook
- Vanessa Musi on Instagram
- Vanessa Musi Videos
- Vanessa Musi on LinkedIn
- Mammoth Bars (use code CLEANEATING for 20% off during checkout)
- Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour (use code CLEANEATING for 10% discount during checkout)
Join the Clean Eating for Women Community!
- Clean Eating for Women episode index
- Clean Eating for Women Facebook Page
- Clean Eating for Women Podcast private Facebook Group (great for asking questions and connecting with me personally)
Don’t miss new blog posts! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise.