This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
This post includes a recipe for my delicious Date-Sweetened & Vegan Vanilla Bean Cashew Cream. This is an amazing topping for almost any dessert!
I’m a bit under the weather today, but I thought it might be fun to share some food diary pictures from the last several days, plus one easy recipe for my date-sweetened vanilla cashew cream.
Green smoothie bowl served with buckwheat groats and chopped walnuts:
Making my first batch of almond crackers using Gena’s recipe:
Raw almond cracker dough:
All done (yum):
Peach pie with an experimental crust (should have used this recipe):
Crust fail (but still yum especially with sweet vanilla bean cashew cream…see recipe below):
Hike at the beach:
Gratitude for being alive:
Colorful salad on the go:
Mango and cherry dessert smoothies:
Vegetable Quinoa Salad for lunch this week:
Vanilla Bean Cashew Cream 6 servings
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked in water for at least 30 minutes)
- 1/2 cup dates (soaked in water for at least 30 minutes)
- beans of one vanilla bean pod (or 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- Drain the cashews and dates and combine in a high-speed blender. Add the vanilla beans and soy milk and process on high until smooth.
Be sure to pin this Date-Sweetened & Vegan Vanilla Cashew Cream recipe:
P.S. I also have a Carrie on Living Amazon affiliate store where I list all of my favorite beauty items, kitchen devices, books, and other cool stuff.