This post includes a recipe for my delicious Date-Sweetened & Vegan Vanilla Bean Cashew Cream. This is an amazing topping for almost any dessert!
I’m a bit under the weather today, but I thought it might be fun to share some food diary pictures from the last several days, plus one easy recipe for my date-sweetened vanilla cashew cream.
Green smoothie bowl served with buckwheat groats and chopped walnuts:
Making my first batch of almond crackers using Gena’s recipe:
Raw almond cracker dough:
All done (yum):
Peach pie with an experimental crust (should have used this recipe):
Crust fail (but still yum especially with sweet vanilla bean cashew cream…see recipe below):
Hike at the beach:
Gratitude for being alive:
Colorful salad on the go:
Mango and cherry dessert smoothies:
Vegetable Quinoa Salad for lunch this week:
Vanilla Bean Cashew Cream 6 servings
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked in water for at least 30 minutes)
- 1/2 cup dates (soaked in water for at least 30 minutes)
- beans of one vanilla bean pod (or 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- Drain the cashews and dates and combine in a high-speed blender. Add the vanilla beans and soy milk and process on high until smooth.
Be sure to pin this Date-Sweetened & Vegan Vanilla Cashew Cream recipe:
P.S. I also have a Carrie on Living Amazon affiliate store where I list all of my favorite beauty items, kitchen devices, books, and other cool stuff that supports my lifestyle. Your purchase of any item on Amazon helps support my blog so thank you in advance!