This healthy Vanilla Bean Chia Pudding recipe is a creamy, dairy-free dessert or breakfast. As you may have guessed, I made it green using spirulina in honor of St. Patrick’s Day tomorrow. It’s kinda fun, right?
I served mine with sliced banana and toasted coconut for added texture and flavor.
Chia pudding textures are deceptively hard to get right. The best ratio I’ve found is two tablespoons of chia seeds to one cup of liquid. I used homemade cashew milk in this version. You could absolutely use your favorite dairy-free milk, too.Print
This healthy Vanilla Bean Chia Pudding is a creamy, dairy-free dessert or breakfast. As you may have guessed, I made it green using spirulina in honor of St. Patrick’s Day.
- 4 tablespoons whole or ground chia seeds
- 2 cups cashew milk (or your favorite dairy-free milk)
- 2 scoops collagen peptides or vegan protein powder
- 2 teaspoons organic spirulina powder (I like this brand)
- 1 vanilla bean or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons raw honey (use maple syrup for vegan)
- toasted coconut and banana (optional, for topping)
- Combine the chia seeds, cashew milk, collagen peptides, spirulina, the seeds of one vanilla bean, and the honey into a medium glass bowl. Use a whisk to stir together.
- Set aside for about 10 minutes and whisk again to ensure there are no lumps.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Chia seeds are such a great fiber source and they have tons of minerals, too. I eat them daily. And, in case you didn’t know, spirulina is a dried algae. I used this organic version from NOW Foods. It doesn’t have much of a flavor, especially if you mix it with other ingredients. If eating something green like this grosses you out, just leave out the spirulina. No worries!
Also, if you are looking for other green recipes to freak out your family tomorrow (ha), you might like my Spirulina Banana Soft Serve, too.
More chia recipes you might like:
Pin this recipe for later:
Have a safe St. Paddy’s Day if you’re celebrating. I am actually more excited that the start of spring is coming up on March 20th, but I love any holiday that celebrates green food. Maybe I’m part alien since I love to eat green things?
Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox. This saves you the effort from having to keep checking my site for updates.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!