This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This healthy Vanilla Bean Chia Pudding recipe is a creamy, dairy-free dessert or breakfast. As you may have guessed, I made it green using spirulina in honor of St. Patrick’s Day.
This delicious green chia pudding is perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day. I served mine with sliced banana and toasted coconut for added texture and flavor.
Chia pudding textures are deceptively hard to get right. The best ratio I’ve found is two tablespoons of chia seeds to one cup of liquid. I used homemade cashew milk in this version. You could absolutely use your favorite dairy-free milk, too.
Chia seeds are such a great fiber source and they have tons of minerals, too. I eat them daily. And, in case you didn’t know, spirulina is a dried algae. I used this organic version from NOW Foods. It doesn’t have much of a flavor, especially if you mix it with other ingredients. If eating something green like this grosses you out, just leave out the spirulina. No worries!
More chia recipes you might like
- Gingerbread Chia Pudding
- Keto Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Strawberry Chia Pudding
- Nutritarian Breakfast Chia Pudding
This healthy Vanilla Bean Chia Pudding is a creamy, dairy-free dessert or breakfast. As you may have guessed, I made it green using spirulina in honor of St. Patrick’s Day.
- 4 tablespoons whole or ground chia seeds
- 2 cups cashew milk (or your favorite dairy-free milk)
- 2 scoops collagen peptides or vegan protein powder
- 2 teaspoons organic spirulina powder
- 1 vanilla bean or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons raw honey (use maple syrup for vegan)
- toasted coconut and banana (optional, for topping)
- Combine the chia seeds, cashew milk, collagen peptides, spirulina, the seeds of one vanilla bean, and the honey into a medium glass bowl. Use a whisk to stir together.
- Set aside for about 10 minutes and whisk again to ensure there are no lumps.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Fiber: 8