These Vegan Baked Chickpea Burgers are a great healthy main dish you can serve all year round.
- 2 cups frozen kale
- 2 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup unsalted tahini
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium miso paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons coconut liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon no-salt seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place frozen kale in a medium bowl and defrost overnight in the fridge. Alternatively, you can defrost the kale in the microwave according to the package label.
- Combine the defrosted kale with the chickpeas in a food processor. Turn processor on high until ingredients are combined, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add the shallot, garlic, tahini, miso, cumin, paprika, coconut aminos, and no-salt seasoning to the food processor with the chickpeas and kale. Turn on high until ingredients are combined. If necessary, you can add a tablespoon of cold water to ensure that the ingredients get mixed together.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and use your hands to form approximately 8 burger patties.
- Place the patties on the sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Flip once, and then bake another 20 minutes, or until the tops of the burgers have turned golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 150