Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
When you’re craving a thick and creamy sauce that is 100% dairy-free, you’ve got to try this Vegan Cauliflower Cashew Sauce. Pour it over cooked pasta for a satisfying and healthy meal.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve been craving more and more comfort foods lately. It’s just been that kind of year! And, a bowl of gluten-free pasta smothered in a creamy sauce does the trick.
Fortunately, this recipe is actually healthy and hides a serving of vegetables. You can barely taste the cauliflower in this dish. It is:
- easy to throw together,
- and includes a serving of cooked cauliflower.
Both kids and picky-eaters love this upgraded version of Alfredo sauce. Skip the heavy cream and use cauliflower instead. Let me show you how to make it!
How to Make Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
The first step is to soak your cashews and steam your cauliflower.
You can either steam your florets on the stovetop, or you can cook them in the pressure cooker (see my Instant Pot Cauliflower recipe).
Blend the ingredients for about 45-60 seconds until you get a super creamy sauce.
Next, it’s time to serve your sauce! I like to pour it over cooked pasta (see the best gluten-free pasta brands), and eat it right out of the bowl.
This recipe makes a big batch of the sauce, so you can use half of it right away, and then refrigerate or freeze the other half. Or, if you are serving this to a large family, then you might be able to eat it all in one go.
You can leave it out! It adds some flavor, but not too much.
Yes, but raw cashews are generally softer and easier to blend.
Yes! You can use hemp seeds or sunflower seeds instead of cashews.
Other Vegan Sauces You Might Like
Here is the printable recipe:Print
Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
When you’re craving a thick and creamy sauce that is 100% dairy-free, you’ve got to try this Vegan Cauliflower Cashew Sauce. Pour it over cooked pasta for a satisfying meal.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 3–4 cups of florets)
- ½ cup raw, unsalted cashews, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes, and then drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets to a steamer basket and steam for about 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower florets are soft.
- Transfer the steamed cauliflower to a high-speed blender. Add the soaked and rinsed cashews, sea salt, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, and almond milk.
- Blend on high for 45-60 seconds, or until the mixture is creamy and fully combined.
- Pour over cooked pasta and toss to combine. Serve warm.
You can store any leftover sauce in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can also freeze any leftover sauce in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost and reheat before serving.
Keywords: cashew alfredo sauce, vegan alfredo sauce, dairy free cauliflower sauce