Last Updated on
These Vegan Chocolate Banana Oat Bars are a wonderful, healthy dessert. The ripe banana and raisins add just enough sweetness.
These simple oatmeal health bars are great served as an after-school snack for kids or mid-afternoon treat for grown-ups. There is no added sugar in these vegan oat bars.
These bars are sweetened only with one banana, plus the other naturally sweet ingredients. I originally made these bars to take on the road this weekend to San Diego, but I had to cancel that trip based upon bad weather coming into the area. I was bummed to miss the trip, but I loved how these bars turned out.
You can even serve them for breakfast, yet they are sweet enough to qualify as a healthy dessert as well.
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Banana Oat Bars
Here’s how I made these yummy oatmeal bars.
In a medium bowl, mash your ripe banana:
Add the rest of your ingredients into the bowl, including the oats, frozen blueberries, cocoa powder, pomegranate juice, sunflower seeds:
Mix it all up and then press the ingredients into a lightly-oiled square Pyrex dish:
Bake for 20-25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Let bars cool and then enjoy or refrigerate to eat later.
I tried them both hot out of the oven and chilled overnight in the fridge. It was a toss-up as to which way tasted better. They have a wonderful, chewy texture with the flavor of bananas and chocolate.
Very satisfying and healthy, the perfect combination!
Here’s the recipe for these Chocolate Banana Oat Bars:
This is a wonderful, healthy dessert with no added sugars. The ripe banana and raisins add just enough sweetness.
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats, uncooked (use gluten-free oats, if necessary)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon hemp protein powder (optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray an 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash the ripe banana with a fork.
- Add the oats, blueberries, pomegranate juice, raisins, sunflower seeds, ground flax seed, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and protein powder (optional) and stir to mix well.
- Press the mixture into your baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- For easier slicing, let the bars come to room temperature.
Be sure to pin this image to save these oat health bars for later:
Join my weekly newsletter list! I’ll e-mail you once a week with a summary and links to new articles, plus insider info and bonuses available only to subscribers. This keeps you from having to keep checking my site for new blog posts.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise.