A healthy holiday cookie that is vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo!
- 1 chia egg (1 tablespoon chia seeds + 3 tablespoons of water)
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup peanut butter or almond butter (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ½ cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional, for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Make the chia egg by combining the chia seeds and water in a small glass bowl. Stir and set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Next, combine the cassava flour, baking powder, and ground cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the nut butter, applesauce, molasses, vanilla, and the chia egg to the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Use a spoon to drop the batter onto the cookie sheet. You’ll have enough for about 15-16 cookies.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the cookies start to brown. Be careful not to let them burn.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.