Three cheers for peanut butter + chocolate! I am so in love with this decadent dessert that is completely dairy-free with creaminess coming from avocado. And, it’s refined sugar-free because it’s sweetened with dates and a ripe banana.
I’ve actually shared an avocado chocolate pudding recipe in the past, but this version that includes peanut butter was inspired by Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s new cookbook, Eat to Live Quick & Easy Cookbook. Dr. Fuhrman’s publisher said that I could share this deliciously simple recipe which I slightly adapted.
I made this recipe in less than 5 minutes in my high-speed blender, so I can verify that it was indeed quick and easy. I topped the pudding with some cacao nibs and peanuts for crunch. The pudding itself was silky and incredibly creamy. If you can’t tolerate peanut butter, then feel free to substitute almond butter. But, don’t even think about leaving out the avocados! I made this Peanut Butter Chocolate Pudding last week and enjoyed it as my after-lunch treat. I was pleasantly surprised that it stayed fresh and not at all watery, even after several days in the fridge. The banana flavor is definitely prominent, but I didn’t mind it, especially since it helped make the pudding nice and sweet. Here’s my version of this recipe:Print
This decadent dessert that is completely dairy-free with creaminess coming from avocado. And, it’s refined sugar-free because it’s sweetened with dates and a ripe banana.
- 1 ripe medium-sized banana
- 1 ripe medium Haas avocado
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons natural cocoa powder
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon each peanuts and cacao nibs (optional, for topping)
- Combine the banana, avocado, peanut butter, cocoa powder, dates, and almond milk in a high-speed blender. Turn on high for 30 seconds or until blended completely.
- Serve immediately or chilled. Top with peanuts and/or cacao nibs, if desired.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Adapted from Eat to Live Quick & Easy Cookbook by Joel Fuhrman, M.D. Copyright 2017
Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!