If you’re looking for a creamy pesto sauce that is dairy free and vegan, look no further than this easy Vegan Pesto Recipe!
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups loosely-packed fresh basil leaves
- In the base of a blender or food processor, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic clove, pine nuts, salt, and fresh basil leaves.
- Process on high for 30-45 seconds or until the ingredients have blended together. The pesto should have a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Serve immediately, or store in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You can use the pesto on cooked pasta, or on top of a pizza or flatbread. You can also thin it out a bit with olive oil and use it as a salad dressing.