- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (use 1 cup gluten-free baking flour to make these gluten-free)
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray a baking dish lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the chia seeds and water. Stir together and set aside to gel.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Then, make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the chia egg, pumpkin puree, almond milk, vanilla, and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and top with the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: pumpkin brownies, vegan brownies, gluten free brownies