This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
This creamy Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream uses coconut milk as the base, so it’s completely dairy-free and delicious! You’ll love this recipe at any time of the year.
Okay, so maybe ice cream isn’t a traditional fall or holiday dessert, but I think it should be! I’d argue that this pumpkin ice cream even qualifies as being a nutritious dessert, since it’s full of antioxidant-rich pumpkin puree.
How to Make Vegan Ice Cream
I first learned to make homemade ice cream almost a decade ago from a vegan ice cream book author, so it’s pretty much the only way I know how to make ice cream at all! I almost always use a coconut milk base, but I’ve also used soy milk in the past with great results.
Don’t miss my epic round-up of the best vegan ice cream recipes!
Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream Ingredients
As mentioned, this recipe uses full-fat coconut milk as the base with maple syrup to sweeten. This recipe has a total of five ingredients including:
- coconut milk
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice
- pumpkin puree
How easy is that?!
Vegan & Dairy-Free Pumpkin Ice Cream Steps
In addition to only needing five ingredients, you can make this Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream in just a few steps.
- Freeze your ice cream bowl overnight.
- Gather your ingredients: coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin puree.
- Blend the ingredients and chill for 30 minutes.
- Churn the mixture in your ice cream making for 30 minutes.
Step-by-Step Photos for this Vegan & Dairy-Free Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe
When I make homemade ice cream, I usually transfer the mixture from the machine to the freezer to firm it up a bit before serving.
By the way, I also get a lot of questions about how to make homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker. It can be done! It’s a little bit more time-consuming, but I wrote a blog post about how to make ice cream without an ice cream maker.
Items recommended for this Vegan & Paleo Pumpkin Ice Cream recipe (some affiliate links included):
- BPA-free organic coconut milk with no added gums or preservatives
- Organic pumpkin puree
- Organic pumpkin pie spice
- Ice cream maker
- Refurbished high-speed blender
- Ice cream scoop
Don’t miss my round-up of the 25+ best vegan ice cream recipes!!!
Questions about Making Dairy-Free Ice Cream
Do I need an ice cream maker to make homemade ice cream? It will make your life easier, but you don’t have to have one! They’re less than $50 on Amazon (this is the ice cream maker I have), but I totally get it if you don’t want another appliance or you don’t want to spend the money.
Feel free to make homemade dairy-free ice cream by freezing your mixture and stirring it every 30 minutes or so to help incorporate air and create a creamy texture. Read my whole tutorial on making homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker.
Can I use lite coconut milk for this recipe? Yes, but I only tested it using full-fat milk.
Can I use real pumpkin that I cook at home in this recipe? Yes, but I have not tested it that way. I have only made this recipe using canned pumpkin puree.
Here’s the printable recipe for this Vegan & Dairy-Free Pumpkin Ice Cream:
This creamy Pumpkin Ice Cream uses coconut milk as the base, so it’s completely dairy-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly. Enjoy it as a fall treat, or at anytime of the year.
- 1 13.5-ounce can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup of real maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Combine the ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and refrigerate until chilled (at least 2 hours).
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice-cream make and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- You may need to freeze the ice cream an additional hour or so to harden.
Pin this Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream recipe to your favorite Pinterest dessert board to save it for later!
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!