Best Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream
This creamy Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream uses coconut milk as the base, so it’s completely dairy-free and delicious! You’ll love this recipe at any time of the year.
If you’re like me, then you don’t restrict pumpkin spiced foods to just the fall. I vote for pumpkin spice to be used throughout the year.
I first learned to make homemade ice cream almost a decade ago from a vegan ice cream book author, so it’s pretty much the only way I know how to make ice cream at all! I almost always use a coconut milk base, although I really want to experiment with cashew milk and other options too.
As mentioned, this recipe uses full-fat coconut milk as the base with maple syrup to sweeten. This recipe has a total of five ingredients which makes it just so easy to make.
In addition to only needing five ingredients, you can make this Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream in just a few steps.
Freeze your ice cream bowl overnight. Gather your ingredients: coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin puree.
Blend the ingredients and chill for 30 minutes.
Then, you just pour the mixture into an ice cream churner. Thirty minutes later, you have a creamy and delicious pumpkin pie flavored ice cream with no preservatives or additives.
When I make homemade ice cream, I usually transfer the mixture from the machine to the freezer to firm it up a bit before serving.
By the way, I also get a lot of questions about how to make homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker. It can be done! It’s a little bit more time-consuming, but I wrote a blog post about how to make ice cream without an ice cream maker.
- BPA-free organic coconut milk with no added gums or preservatives
- Organic pumpkin puree
- Organic pumpkin pie spice
- Ice cream maker
- Refurbished high-speed blender
- Ice cream scoop
Do I need an ice cream maker to make homemade ice cream?
It will make your life easier, but you don’t have to have one! They’re less than $100 on Amazon, but I totally get it if you don’t want another appliance or you don’t want to spend the money.
Feel free to make homemade dairy-free ice cream by freezing your mixture and stirring it every 30 minutes or so to help incorporate air and create a creamy texture. Read my whole tutorial on making homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker.
Can I use light coconut milk for this recipe?
Yes, but I only tested it using full-fat milk.
Can I use real pumpkin that I cook at home in this recipe?
Yes, but I have not tested it that way. I have only made this recipe using canned pumpkin puree.
Other Vegan Ice Cream Recipes You Might Like
- Vegan Mango Ice Cream
- Vegan Chocolate & Peanut Butter Soft Serve
- Vegan Coconut Banana Ice Cream
- Vegan Peach Ice Cream
- Vegan Strawberry Coconut Nice Cream
Don’t miss my round-up of the 25+ best vegan ice cream recipes!!!
Here’s the printable recipe:
This creamy Pumpkin Ice Cream uses coconut milk as the base, so it’s completely dairy-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly. Enjoy it as a fall treat, or at anytime of the year.
- 1 13.5-ounce can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup of real maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree from a can
- Combine the coconut milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree into a high-speed blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and refrigerate until chilled (at least 2 hours).
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice-cream make and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- You may need to freeze the ice cream an additional hour or so to harden.
If your ice cream is in the freezer for longer than 12 hours, you may need to defrost it on the countertop for 10-20 minutes to let is soften before scooping.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: ice cream maker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin ice cream, coconut ice cream