Vegan Rice Bowl with Roasted Veggies & Tofu
If you’re looking for a super easy meal prep lunch or dinner, you’ll love this Vegan Rice Bowl with Roasted Veggies & Tofu.
- Author: Carrie Forrest, MPH in Nutrition
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main dish
- Method: meal prep, oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 20-ounce package cubed butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces extra firm cubed tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos or reduced sodium tamari
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cubed
- 2 radishes, washed, dried, and sliced thinly
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place the butternut squash cubes in a medium bowl and drizzle in the coconut oil and salt. Toss to combine. Pour the squash onto the baking sheet.
- Next, place the tofu in the bowl and toss with the maple syrup and coconut aminos. Add the tofu to the baking sheet with the butternut squash.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast the squash and tofu for 40-45 minutes, or until the squash has started to brown around the edges. Be careful to not let the tofu burn.
- When the squash and tofu are done roasting, transfer them to a glass bowl until you’re ready to assemble the bowls.
- For each bowl, add a layer of cooked brown rice and about 1/4 cup each of butternut squash and roasted tofu. Top each bowl with cubed avocado, sliced radishes, and chopped green onions.
Keywords: vegan rice bowl recipe, rice bowl recipe