These delicious Vegan Waffles are gluten-free and perfect for a lazy weekend morning. They can be served with fresh berries and syrup for the ultimate healthy comfort food.
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and the water. Stir to combine. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- In a measuring cup, combine the almond milk and the apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sea salt, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Pour in the almond milk mixture and the flax mixture and stir to combine.
- Working in batches, spray your waffle maker with the nonstick cooking spray. Pour about ½ cup of the batter onto the waffle maker and bake. Repeat until all the batter is used up. You should have enough for about 4 large waffles.
- Serve hot with maple syrup, vegan butter, or your favorite toppings.
Notes: Feel free to make the waffles ahead of time, let them cool completely, and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat the waffles in a toaster oven until they are warmed through.