I made this smoothie a little differently by using freshly made beet, lime and carrot juice as the base. It’s more work to juice the veggies before making the smoothie:
It definitely jazzed up the smoothie, especially the color! I kept the rest of the ingredients the same as my typical morning green smoothie, just subbed the veggie juice for the water.
Here’s what it looked like:
It was pretty yummy, the juice definitely sweetened up the whole thing. In fact, I think I got a bit of a sugar rush from it. In the future, I might try using more of a green juice and adding it to just frozen fruit. I love this option though and want to experiment more.
My printable recipe:Print
- Juice base:
- 12 large carrots, washed and chopped
- 3 large beets, scrubbed and chopped
- 3 small limes, peel cut off and discarded
- Smoothie ingredients:
- Your favorite smoothie ingredients
- Run juice base ingredients through a juicer, alternating the carrots, beets, and lime pieces.
- Combine your choice of smoothie ingredients and the juice into a high-speed blender and process until smooth. Serve cold.