Easy Watermelon Smoothie
This Easy Watermelon Smoothie is the absolute perfect summertime treat. It’s made using real food ingredients, and it’s vegan and dairy-free with no added sugar.
This Watermelon Smoothie is:
- dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan
- made using real food ingredients
- doesn’t need any added sugar
- is the perfect summertime treat.
I have such a fondness for watermelon and watermelon-flavored treats. I think I ate my weight in pink Jolly Ranchers as a kid and the pink Starbursts were by far my favorite flavor. I mean, honestly, what could be better than that distinctive watermelon flavor? Even the color combination of watermelon red and green is just absolute perfection.
There are only five total ingredients needed for this recipe then: cold watermelon chunks, frozen pineapple, frozen strawberries, frozen banana, shredded coconut, and fresh lime. A few fresh mint leaves are nice, but totally optional!
To start, add the chilled watermelon chunks to the base of your blender.
Then, add the rest of the frozen ingredients, plus the shredded coconut. If you need to, you can add a few tablespoons of water to help get it going.
Serve immediately. This smoothie should be served cold as soon as you’re done blending it.
Can I use frozen watermelon?
Yes, but you may need to add a little bit of water to help the ingredients blend.
What is my watermelon isn’t sweet?
It is a good idea to test your watermelon before making this drink. I’ve had many a not-so-good melons. As long as your watermelon is average or above average on the sweetness scale, your smoothie will turn out awesome.
Ask me any other questions you have about this recipe in the comments!
Other Healthy Frozen Treats You Might Like
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Dairy-Free Mango Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- Vegan Fudgesicles
- Pomegranate Lime Popsicles
Here is the printable recipe:Print
This Vegan Watermelon Slushy is the absolute perfect summertime treat. It’s made using real food ingredients, and it’s vegan and dairy-free with no added sugar.
- 2 cups fresh watermelon, chilled
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple tidbits or chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened, dried coconut
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from about 1 large lime)
- 5 fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Combine the watermelon, pineapple, strawberries, coconut, and lime juice in a high-speed blender and process on high until smooth. If using a regular blender, you may wish to process the watermelon first and then add the other ingredients for easier blending.
- Serve immediately.
If you want to really brighten the flavors of this smoothie, feel free to use some fresh mint.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: watermelon strawberry smoothie, watermelon drink, summer fruit smoothie