- 2 cups of fresh watermelon, cubed, or 1 cup of store-bought watermelon juice
- 3 oz vodka (see notes for other types of alcohol you can use)
- 1/2 lime, freshly squeezed (around 1 tablespoon
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint, optional
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Place the watermelon cubes in a blender, and blend until you have a smooth watermelon puree.
- Strain the puree until it’s smooth and free of pulp. You should be left with one cup of juice.
- Add the watermelon juice, vodka, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker with the ice cubes.
- Shake the mixture vigorously.
- If you’re adding mint leaves, clap them in your hands to release the flavor and add to the glasses with the crushed ice.
- Pour your freshly shaken cocktail over the crushed ice and serve.
- If you’re pressed for time or can’t find fresh watermelon in your area, you can use store-bought watermelon juice instead. Just watch out for added sweeteners or sugars.
- You can use lime or lemon juice in this cocktail.
- This cocktail should have more than enough sweetness on its own, especially if you use a fresh, ripe watermelon to make it. But, if you are a sweet tooth, use agave or honey as a slightly healthier option to sweeten it. Try adding 1 teaspoon per serving.
- If you want to make a mocktail with no alcohol, simply replace the vodka with club soda or soda water.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: watermelon vodka, vodka summer drink, watermelon cocktail