When you’re looking to increase your body mass, this Weight Gain Chocolate Smoothie is here to the rescue. This 1,000-calorie, protein-rich drink is creamy and delicious. Dairy-free with vegan options.
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries or your choice of frozen berries
- 1 tablespoons peanut butter (or your choice of nut or seed butter)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (you can use up to 2–3 tablespoons for extra chocolate flavor)
- 2 scoops unsweetened protein powder
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 2 pitted dates
- In the base of a high-speed blender, combine the coconut milk, banana, strawberries, peanut butter, cocoa powder, protein powder, spinach, and dates.
- Blend on high for about 30 seconds, or until the smoothie is fully blended.
- Serve immediately.
- If you aren’t on a vegan diet, you can replace the coconut milk with full-fat dairy milk.
- To make this recipe vegan, be sure to use a vegan protein powder like pea protein.
- If you don’t have a high-speed blender, you may need to stop the blender and scrape down the sides to ensure that the ingredients get fully blended.
- To make this vanilla-flavored instead of chocolate, leave out the cocoa powder and add ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract instead.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: weight gain protein shake, protein smoothie, chocolate protein shake