- 1 cup uncooked brown or green lentils
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted green or black olives, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 2–3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (leave out if you are on an oil-free diet)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the lentils and wild rice in separate saucepans according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cucumbers, olives, red bell pepper, onion, avocado, sunflower seeds, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Drain any excess liquid from the cooked wild rice and lentils. Pour in the drained cooked and cooled lentils and wild rice into the bowl with the vegetables and stir one last time to combine.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.
- This salad can be meal prepped by cooking the lentils and wild rice up to several days ahead of time. Then, you can add the vegetables, dressing, and other ingredients when you’re ready to serve it.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Salad
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: lentil salad, wild rice salad, cold lentil salad