This Lentil Salad with Wild Rice is an easy, healthy, and delicious meal that is full of plant-based protein. Grain-free too!
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- ½ large red onion, chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the lentils and wild rice in separate saucepans according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cucumbers, olives, red bell pepper, onion, avocado, sunflower seeds, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the cooked and cooled lentils and wild rice and stir one last time to combine.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Salad
Keywords: lentil salad recipe, wild rice recipe, wild rice salad recipe